Friday, July 30, 2010

The $5 Tooth Fairy



This past week has been filled with teeth and more teeth! After most of the summer plans had come and gone it was time to get down to business! Aubrey (16) needed her wisdom teeth extracted and Ashton (12), in preparation for braces needed 4 healthy big permanent teeth removed!

Being the scheduler I am, I scheduled them for the same day, on a Thurs, so we had a long weekend for recovery. We decided to let Aubrey take a "nap" during her ordeal, and Ashton decided he was going to let the world's best dentist pull all his teeth on the same visit! Ouch!

The night before I could hear them both talking, and they came to Rick and I and made us "aware" of the fact that the tooth fairy that "comes" to our home brings $5 a tooth, and they did the math and figured out that they each get $20 from the tooth fairy! These kids know how to work the "system" and believe in anything that will truly benefit them!

Ashton's appt ended up being more difficult than Aubrey's and was upsetting for him. It was sad to see him hold back the tears through the whole appt only to let them ALL fall out as soon as he was in the van. I know what that's like, I still do that....

So, both kids came home, and took their pain medicine and went to sleep. As for their recovery, Aubrey literally slept in her cave for 4 days. Ashton bounced back after 1.5 days. They ate tons of the best pudding, Swiss Miss, Jello (the kind made with REAL sugar) ice cream and applesauce! On day 5 I ruined Aubrey's life by putting her on plain advil and real food!

I am happy this is over with for them and that they are now back to feeling 100%!

P.S.
For those of you who didn't know, YES, there IS a toothfairy and that next day they were smiling with a few less teeth and $20 extra bucks in their pockets!

2 comments:

  1. okay, well i'm gonna let your tooth fairy come over to my house from now on! don't you dare, ever, ever, tell my kids how much yours pays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine pays in hair trinkets...or maybe now those funny plastic bracelets...ashton, i feel your pain, had dreams for years of my teeth just randomly all falling out, ya, trauma i blame on my dentists, all of them, i believe they pulled 8 healthy permanent teeth before putting braces on mine...glad you're all recovered!

    ReplyDelete