Friday, July 30, 2010

Firsts.....



Our first child has experienced "3" of life's BIG firsts in 1 weeks time!

She took her first driving test and passed, getting her first license!

She was put under anesthesia for the first time, and had her wisdom teeth removed!

She bought her first car, (with help from us) and drove it all by herself!

I think Rick and I aged a lot this week....kind of weird watching her drive off for the first time by herself.

Makes me realize how grown up she really is and how much closer the time is coming that she won't be in our home for much longer...makes me want to roll back the clock to all the smaller firsts, first smile, first tooth, first laugh, first step, first word...

3 comments:

  1. WOW, You have had a crazy summer. I can't believe you have one driving, CRAZY and kinda nice all in one emotion. I would love to talk with you when you have a minute. Tyler and I are going through the adoption process right now because we just don't feel like our family is complete and I can't have anymore. Anyway, I just wanted to chat with you for a bit. Also if you know anyone...send them our way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still can't believe it! so much fun! it does age us all doesn't it?!!! :( i still have 3 more years...but they're coming too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. reminds me to cherish all macy's little "firsts."

    ReplyDelete