Monday, November 22, 2010

Grateful

I have always tried to recognize God's hand in all the blessings, joys, struggles and challenges in my life! I try not to let a day go by that I don't tell my husband how much I appreciate all the sacrifices he makes, or how hard the kids work at trying to do their best. Don't misunderstand, there are days when all I feel like I do is clean up messes, change diapers and yell! But when the house is all calm and quiet and I lay in bed exhausted mentally, physically and emotionally, I still "get it"! I am truly blessed! I have love in my life, I have an eternal perspective, I have an undeniable faith in Jesus Christ, I find joy in the journey!

I love this quote by Gordon B. Hinckley, “When you walk with gratitude, you do not walk with arrogance and conceit and egotism, you walk with a spirit of thanksgiving that is becoming to you and will bless your lives.”

I hope that those who know me and even those who don't see in me the spirit of thanksgiving, and that I always live my life as one with a grateful heart.
I hope that the outward me, shows the inward me.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here is the family at the local corn maze! I love these photos that really "show" their personalities. Yep, that's Hunter on the ground crying to get up on the top. I'm so mean!

2 comments:

  1. We love the verbal and photographic insight to the real you's :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this! So beautiful. I especially loved the quote from Gordon B. Hinckley. I try to live my life like that as well - it's so easy to find things to be thankful for if you look. :) We are blessed. So glad I checked out your blog tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete