Sunday, December 26, 2010

Reason for the Season

So we did it! We survived another christmas morning with 5 kids who have a loving Santa who works very hard to make it a HUGE magical morning! I love this time of year with all the holidays back to back, but mostly knowing that Rick gets a few extra mornings off from the big brown truck is what I love best! Being home with our family and just watching great holiday movies and eaing yummy food is wonderful. Seeing the excitement and joy and gratitude on the kids faces is priceless!

So, we love the man in red but we DO know that the Saviors birth is why we find joy this time of year. Knowing that his life and death would mean so much to us and our faith is what we DO celebrate and that is why I will drag us all out of bed at 7am today so that we can be to church to celebrate his birth and that is why I will not go to the red store and load up on the 1/2 price holiday sale today...tomorrow all bets are off! I promised myself that I would always keep the sabbath day holy, I just hope the Lord blesses me and their is an ABUNDANCE of stuff left for me to buy tomorrow :).

So photos will come tomorrow, today we celebrate, just like the other 364 days a year, the birth the death and the life of our Savior Jesus Christ! Merry Chrismas.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Smith family. . . . does Rick drive for UPS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. merry christmas smith fam! (rachel your love for target rivals mine!)

    ReplyDelete