Thursday, December 30, 2010

Grandma's Cooking



I have a grandmother who is an AMAZING cook! Everything is made from scratch, made with tons of flavor and made with plenty of LOVE! A few years ago she and I made a cookbook of all the best recipes for our family!

I am fortunate to have her live 2 miles from my house and so we get to enjoy her cooking alot! She is a very healthy young 82 yr old, but I realize that one of these days she will move on to a bigger and better eternity, then, I will be the one cooking all of her good recipes!

So the other night I was hungry for her yummy chocolate cream pie! So, I made one! It turned out great, and was delicious! My favorite part of her pies is the meringue! I like a lot of peaks on my pie, so I made 3 times more peaks than Gma Mae usually does! I had to take a picture it was so pretty and delicious!



Don't you wish you had a piece?!

2 comments:

  1. it looks so great! i do the way too many peaks too...they're just fun! now you've mastered the choco pie, i've got the lemon meringue...are we missing any pies?

    ReplyDelete