Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A clean house gets cleaner

For those of you who know me, my house is generally always clean, no clutter, no mess, nothing...but for those of you who REALLY know me, and look for it, you will always find dust in my window sills, lime build up in my toilets, hard water spots in the bathroom and wood that needs a shine! That is....until my mother came to visit! She introduced me to some affordable easy to use stuff that made all of those things disappear!

There is a cleaning Guru that my family turns to when the regular store brands don't work...he is Don Aslett. He has a toilet bowl cleaner that works wonders, it is called the Johnny Mop and it eliminated (along with some elbow grease from my Dad and a gentle pumice stone) the lime build up in our toilet bowls! They all look brand new! You only need one for your entire house and it will change your life...if you want it to! You can order them for about $14.



Next, we move to the hard water spots and all the not so new looking shower, tubs and sinks...and for the mere price of $1 you too can have a new bathroom. The Dollar Tree Chain of stores carries LA Awesome, which is from the Oxy Clean people. There is an everyday cleaner, a version of CLR, a version of Fabuloso lavender cleaner and more! I generally always used glass cleaner, soapy water, magic eraser (delicately) and never could quite clean what I wanted! This stuff works on everything!




Onto my wood, and there is a lot of it...I introduce Pledge Orange Oil! You can pick it up for about $5. When you first apply, it looks like I poured a jug of cooking oil on my wood and forgot to wipe it off, but overtime it is like a hot slab of concrete that soaks up the rainfall! In a matter of days, sometimes hours, it makes your wood look new and vibrant! The oily look goes away and leaves a beautiful shine! I love it!




So these are the new cleaning products that I always heard of but never thought about trying! I will never use anything else! These worked great! The first use, always takes more time and elbow grease, but after the initial use, I just re-apply monthly!

1 comment: