Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunrise, Sunset...


So, Aubrey went to her first Homecoming last night. I kept thinking back to the song from Fiddler on the Roof and wonder where is that little girl I knew so long ago with the blond ringlets?! Her spirit and nature are still just as sweet, but she is growing up too fast!

I had planned to be here for when her date picked her up for their day date, but was unable to due to a last minute wedding job. So Rick was there, poor kid...no one to protect him from Rix attempts to be parental! Then I planned on being here to do her hair help with makeup and be here when her date picked her up for the dance...nope, I was AT the chocolate job earning $. The Lord blessed me though in my desires, and I was able to be here for all the "getting" ready parts, and left as soon as I knew she was ready to walk out the door! I was booking it to be to my job on time, but it all worked out!

Aubrey keeps giving me credit for helping with her hair...it was all her! I stood there and maybe did 3 curls and sprayed her hair at times, I do take credit for tweezing, and accenting her eyebrows!

Aubrey's dress was originally strapless and it was 70% off at Dillard's, Aubrey ended up buying 3 different cocktail style dresses for future dances! She wouldn't have been able to afford it, except she had a generous Grandma who contributed to the purchase! The timing was perfect as my mom was visiting and with a few adjustments, all 3 dresses looked like they were bought modestly!

When it came to shoes, she KNEW she did not want uncomfortable high heels, so if there was ever any doubt, this girl is MY daughter! She chose converse for her comfort and she said she got compliments on her shoes all night! I know her date loved that he could wear his converse, too!

So...a run down of the big date, was at 1 they played laser tag, then went for an early dinner to Smashburger, then the mall to kill time, then they all separated and got ready, then picked up at 7 for pictures and the dance, then ice cream and home by midnight! She had a GREAT date, and was even home before curfew!

We are so blessed to have her in our home! Helping her get ready over these few weeks has been fun! Can't believe how the time has flown...As for Rick, he is not liking the direction her life has taken! Poor Rick, can't stand to let her grow up!

1 comment: