Saturday, October 9, 2010

Garage Sale Find!

So, my kids like going to the Dr's. office for 1 reason only and that is to play at the activity table, BUT, I am a MEAN mom and never let them!

Does it bother anyone else that we are at a medical office where people take their sick kids and then they let them all play on a community toy?!

I checked these out online and they were pricey! A price I could NEVER justify! So, I happened to be at a garage sale and saw this...they wanted $100! Which compared to what I saw they cost new was still fair, but NO WAY was Rick going to ever approve of the purchase (yes, I approve ALL purchases (with the exception of food) by him! It keeps us agreed so we don't fight about $)...It's a good thing! So, I mulled over it for hours, REALLY, I came across the table at 9 and by noon, I couldn't think about anything else. I talked Rick into going back, and hoping it was still there, offer them considerably less since the garage sale day was winding down.

Rick gave me strict instructions to stay in the car or I could blow the bargaining strategy. So I did, I watched him walk up, say something, she said SOLD and I jumped out of the car, cheering! Yes, I am THAT insane! We bought it for $50!!!!!! I was so stoked!

We contemplated saving it for the big holiday, but I had NO hiding places left in our house for it! It was in excellent shape. We brought it home and Carter and Parker and Hunter were so excited and said, "We never have to go to the DR's again!"

So funny....so here they are enjoying our treasure!

FYI, I have to have a yard sale next week to pay for it, but it is WORTH it!!!

Rachel's Dr's office is now open, and I promise it will be 100% sanitary!



1 comment:

  1. awesome find. very cool. and yes, i am with you on the "ewww factor" of doctor's office toys. macy's doctor plays movies in the waiting room, so i just try to keep her glued to her chair! ;)

    ReplyDelete