Thursday, October 7, 2010

Shower in the kids room!

One of the things that agitates my OCD is to see bookshelves that aren't perfectly stacked by size, shape and color. When I walk past them I have to stop and fix them, this could be an endless task. So, I have had a dilemna with the bookshelves in the little boys rooms, the books are constantly read and put back in the wrong places and sometimes shoved in. I DO appreciate that they are "reading", but the aftermath is stressful! While my mom was here we thought of sewing curtains and using spring rods to "block" the chaos from my view, but I just didn't see what I liked or could afford!

Here was the solution I found for $2.48 thanks to my fav store Target! The print perfectly matches the colors in their room. Don't get me wrong if I had unlimited spending, this is not what I would have "dreamed" of doing, but it was affordable, functional and was an easy solution to my problem!

So, Rick doesn't understand it and says it looks like we have a shower stall in their room, especially with their robes hooked on either side. Hunter said "It's so cute, mommy, watch me hide!" and the older kids thought it was awesome! So I am at peace, shower stall and all!

Here is a view open, the shelves are on both sides of the cubby area:



Here it is while Hunter is hiding:



Here is the closeup detail, I love the design and colors!

2 comments:

  1. oh man!!!!!! i love it! it's the perfect solution! and they have a fun little nook in the world! great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great solution. oh man your OCD would be running wild at my house....

    ReplyDelete