Friday, January 21, 2011

The simple things

You know the stories you hear about a child getting a big, $$$ gift, only to find them playing with the box it came in more? This photo reminds me of those stories.

I am a bargain shopper and therefore come Christmas and Birthdays, the gifts my kids usually get only cost me $12, but are $50 toys! I have noticed that the one thing I am constantly finding Hunter playing with is the cheapest stocking stuffer he received, that I paid full price for and made sure everyone had a pack. HOT WHEELS TRACKS! Only one store in town carried them, the Big Blue Store! They are the best thing! He can put them together himself and builds the tracks so long!

I was making dinner and looked over to see this~his brothers have helped set up the different hills and vales for him in the past and he has learned to use the table, pillows, couch and his fruit snax bucket to make for a more adventurous ride!

There are many days I think it's great to know he can entertain himself and have fun doing it!

3 comments:

  1. he's too cute! glad he figured it out on his own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys are so fun!! I love their imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute. yeah, mace got some cool stuff for christmas. then when i asked her what her favorite gift was she responded "my candy necklace." yeah- cheapie little stocking stuffer candy necklace. lesson learned!

    ReplyDelete