Monday, May 17, 2010

My personal Crafter





You know how you always have those little projects to do that just get put off and to the side because they are so little, that it is a BIG inconvenience to do them? I have a list of plenty! When I found out my mom was coming, I pulled out the list and told her we could work on them. My mom loves to hang out, watch movies and visit, but she likes to be accomplishing stuff too, so I knew that I needed to have stuff to keep our hands busy while enjoying her visit.

She is an unpaid, talented seamstress, alterations girl and her sewing machine is her gift. She lengthened Rix 2 suit coats and pants, which is very tedious, then we hemmed and hung valances and curtains, she replaced the button on my upholstery pillow (way too hard for me to do, you need to use a thimble and everything!).

Then we made the cutest little car books for church. The idea originally came from this blog:

http://mygratitudeattitudes.blogspot.com/2009/09/car-cozie-tutorial-and-etsy-re.html

Then this was my friends version:

http://ourturleylife.blogspot.com/2010/02/valentines-gifts.html

I took a little from every idea and this was our version.

Then, my mom brought a cute kitchen towel craft that hangs by the hot mitt, from my sister Summers house. She got the idea from someone in her circle of friends. You buy a hand towel (I bought the 10 pk from Costco for $12) and hot mitt (2 for $1) and dig in the button box. So, we made our own version, with the new towels I bought and for less than $2 we had these cute towels. Great ideas for Christmas or gifts! I love getting cheap and easy, and nice ideas! Thanks to my mom for inspiring me to be crafty and all the friends for the ideas!

2 comments:

  1. I love your car caddy!

    Your mom is very talented! She can just look at something and then whip it up.
    love,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. go girl ;) what a fun visit you both must have had!

    ReplyDelete