Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What's for dinner...

So everyday I hear this question from sun up until dinner is actually served. Half the time my kids are never pleased with the meal placed before them, and then I go into the "ungrateful speech".

I think in my Dad's day the speech went something like, "did you know we had to walk to and from school with no shoes, uphill both ways, in the snow, and we did it with a smile on our faces?" Every generation has one of "those" speeches.

The speech I always give is "did you know that when I grew up it was a treat to get to have RANCH dressing?! Everything on our plates was green and anything on your plate that you see that is white, in my house was actually brown! (brown rice, whole grain bread, salad with healthy dressing) If you want I can start feeding you just like that and then we'll see how hungry you REALLY get!" By the end of this speech I am NOT at all soft spoken, but really? am I ever?!
They then proceed to eat, quietly.

(side note~looking back I love how I was raised. My mom was so diligent about health and nutrition, and it is NOT cheap to feed your family this way. She fed us food that did our minds and bodies good. I miss eating that way. Truth is I am too lazy and cheap to feed my kids all natural.)

Okay BACK to my POINT. I have found a meal that my kids will eat often and enjoy. Spaghetti. I have never liked the store bought sauce, and once again, I am too lazy to actually make it from scratch. Then one day I was at 1 of my favorite stores....COSTCO! I found this sauce and brought it home. They ate every bite and wiped their plates clean with their bread.
It is White Linen Collection Marinara Sauce. It is a 32 oz jar for $4.39! However, with Costco, they rotate food, and when they stopped carrying it, you would have thought the world had ended for my kids and especially for Rick. So, months later when they finally started carrying it, I bought 24 jars! The great thing about this sauce is that it has a 3 yr shelf life! Great for food storage!

The sauce tastes like an old italian grandmothers homemade recipe.
  • No water, no tomato paste, no fillers
  • All natural, 100% Italian Plum Tomatoes
  • Pure Olive Oil, Fresh Basil, Fresh Onions
  • Wonderful Homemade Taste
  • Kosher, Large 32 oz. Jar.
I am telling you all about this NOW because it is still being carried at Costco, and I would hate for you to miss out on this great sauce and great price. FYI you can order this on Amazon's marketplace but it is $7.99 plus shipping. Still, worth that price, but not if you can get it for much less.

So when my mom visits next week, this is what we are eating, when my sister visits the week after, THIS is what they are eating, and if all of you EVER visit, THIS is what I will feed you, too!

2 comments:

  1. mmmmm, pencil me in for next week. ;) i love that you are blogging. and i can't wait to try this- i think i saw it the other week and thought "hmm, i wonder if that's good." anyway- welcome to the world of blogging! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to plan a special trip just to come try this sauce ;)

    ReplyDelete