Thursday, May 20, 2010

To potty or not to potty


With every child I go through this great dilemma of when they are "ready". Problem is I'm always ready long before they are. I try to trick them into a successful potty visit, and sometimes I'm lucky, but mostly I end up frustrated that I have to put another diaper on. Nevermind that I'm spending $40 on diapers! I always start about 18mths and get frustrated, insane and exhausted. By the time they are 3 1/2 they are completely trained and never have accidents or need pull ups. So with hunter i decided I'm not even going to start yet. However...

I personally always feel the pressure of all my other friends and their amazing potty training skills and how their kids are much younger and more intelligent, that I think i should be able to do it too! You could say boys are harder than girls, but I have a great friend Linnet who is amazing and patient and will have an under 2 yr old trained in 1 day she has all boys! Rock on girl, but i never have the staying power to use her methods and it involves a naked baby running around and well, my germaphobia takes hold and i just CAN'T do it!

So once again i begin to charter the rough waters of potty training! We have purchased a training seat, although this froggy potty is just the cutest! He loves it! Maybe it will motivate him:) Heaven help us! Wish us luck!!!!

2 comments:

  1. ha- right there with you. i have many people telling me the time is right. but then my girl has no interest... so, i wait. and honestly, i'm not all too concerned about it....of course, when she is 5 and in diapers i might need the help of your friend, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linkon is getting to that age...blast. I think I've just decided that when he tells me he wants to use the potty, then I'll start trying. Otherwise, I'm not going to.

    ReplyDelete